Ergo Pouch Cocoon Swaddle Bags are designed to be both easy to use and difficult to escape from. This zip-up swaddle is TOG rated for warmth to keep a baby snug and securely swaddled without the need for complicated wrapping from day one. Being TOG-rated means that the 0.2 TOG can be used on its own from room temperatures 24°C / 75°F + with no blankets in the bassinet or cot to make this a safe sleep option for a newborn or baby. Parents can layer up underneath as needed for warmth, and follow our handy FREE room thermometer and what to wear guide included with the product to help them dress their child appropriately.
The Cocoon Swaddle bag is made with GOTS certified organic cotton, with a of touch elastane. This means it’s firm enough to restrict startle reflex whilst still allowing stretch and movement for healthy growth. The stretch also allows for full chest expansion when breathing, added comfort, and for a baby to move its hands into a self-settling position inside the swaddle. The soft, breathable organic cotton is certified non-toxic, dyed with water based dyes, and gentle on newborn skin, and skin prone to eczema breakouts. A zip enclosure also protects your child’s delicate skin, and the handy arm poppers transition the Cocoon from an arms-in swaddle to arms-out sleeping bag when baby is showing signs of rolling. The bell shaped design is approved by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as being hip-healthy, and promotes proper joint development in the hips and shoulders joints. Finally, the two-way zipper makes for quick and easy nappy changes during sleep with minimal disruptions.
The Cocoon Swaddle Bag meets all safety standards in Australia and New Zealand and is reviewed by the Eczema Association of Australasia as a skin-friendly product.
How to use-
1. Lay Cocoon on flat, low surface with zip open and arm studs closed
2. Lay baby on top of Cocoon. Tuck legs into swaddle, and zip up with baby’s hands in desired position (by sides, or across chest).
3. To change a nappy or cool down baby, zip open from the bottom of the swaddle to release legs and lower torso. Zip closed again when finished.
4. Layer underneath for warmth as needed
5. To transition to arms-out sleeping once showing signs of rolling, release arms by opening the studs on the shoulders. We suggest doing this one arm at a time over several days.
If your newborn baby does not like being swaddled, it is safe to sleep the in the Cocoon Swaddle Bag with their arms out from the beginning.
Always sleep your baby in a safe-sleep environment.
Gentle cold wash, Low tumble dry, Moderately Hot Iron, Drycleanable, Do not use bleach-based stain removers on the garment.